Together with our partner organizations, we strive to positively impact communities in the Dayton Region.
The Charles D. Berry Foundation is committed to supporting programs in the following Focus Areas, primarily in the Greater Dayton Region:
- Arts (Performing, Visual, Educational Programming)
- Community Enrichment (Public Radio, Public Television, Museums, Parks & Recreation)
- Education (Early Childhood Education, Elementary, Secondary, Post-Secondary, and Community Initiatives)
- Health & Human Services (Individuals with Disabilities, Food Insecurity, Diseases, Improved Health Outcomes, Disaster Relief, Services for Underserved Populations, Poverty Reduction, Animal Welfare)
If you are unsure whether your program/project fits our Focus Areas, please contact the Foundation.
TYPES OF ACCEPTED REQUESTS
The Foundation will accept requests for the following areas:
- Program or Project
- Operating Support
- Capital Campaign
Multi-year grants will be considered only for capital requests. Organizations can submit one grant application in a 12 month period. A Final Report must be submitted for an active grant within four weeks following the completion of the program/project before you can submit a new application.
Requests are not considered for:
- Organizations without 501(c)3 public charity status from the IRS or classified as private foundations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status or any federal, state or local laws
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Churches and Religious Organizations
- School District Projects
- Sports Organizations
- Mass Funding Appeals
- Sponsorships *see Frequently Asked Questions
- Grants or Loans to Individuals
- Organizations Outside of the United States
Grant Submission Deadlines
The Board of Trustees will meet four times per year to review grant applications.
The Grant Submission Deadlines are:
- February 6, 2023
- May 1, 2023
- August 7, 2023
- October 9, 2023
If your grant is approved, the process for receiving funding is approximately two months after the grant submission deadline and is contingent on signing a grant agreement.